Language Services Coordinator
Job Title: Language Services Coordinator
Job ID: 404
Pay Rate: DOE
Hours / Days: Monday – Friday (8:00am – 5:00pm)
Job Status: Full Time
Location: Norcross, GA
CulturaLink partners with healthcare organizations to improve patient-centered care and create an effective, diverse workforce through services focused on diversity, inclusion and cultural competence. We provide hundreds of healthcare providers with best-in-class consulting along with comprehensive translation and interpretation in more than 200 languages.
The Language Services Coordinator plans for and coordinates the professional language service resources necessary in the provision of advanced or highly advanced interpreting work to meets our clients’ needs in accordance with the ethics and laws governing interpretive service. The coordinator oversees the hiring, training, placement and evaluation of professional interpreters and document translators.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinates all aspects of interpreter services for CulturaLink, including for contract and/or part-time interpreters nationwide.
- Monitors master list of interpreter requests and assignments required certification/education and performance issues ensuring all information is current at all times.
- Schedules interpreters for assignments 24×7 to ensure provision of appropriate language and communication services for spoken languages and ASL.
- Ensures the interpreter team adheres to interpreter standards of practice and code of ethics.
- Responds to issues and questions related to interpreters.
- Interfaces with local interpreter coordinators regarding the availability of interpreters for clients in each state.
- Facilitates communication with the client regarding interpreter availability.
- Provides employment information to potential interpreters.
- Addresses interpreter concerns and escalates issues to manager as needed.
- Responds to and resolves complaint calls regarding cross-assignment issues.
- Prepares standard and ad hoc reports as needed for claims, billing questions, workload statistics, and other related requirements
- Plan, organize, prioritize, and coordinate multiple work activities and meet critical deadlines.
1 to 3 years in a business environment setting, medical setting, customer service or translation / interpretation setting
Bachelor’s (Business) or Job-Related Field preferred
Bridging the Gap or equivalent certification
Microsoft Office 365, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
|Job Category||Language Services|