Director of Language Services
Job Title: Director of Language Services
Job ID: 400
Pay Rate: DOE
Job Status: Full Time
Location: Norcross, GA
CulturaLink partners with healthcare organizations to improve patient-centered care and create an effective, diverse workforce through services focused on diversity, inclusion and cultural competence. We provide hundreds of healthcare providers with best-in-class consulting along with comprehensive translation and interpretation in more than 200 languages.
The Language Services Director is responsible for developing and implementing an enterprise-wide multi-lingual interpretation services infrastructure, which facilitates culturally and linguistically appropriate oral and written communication which utilizes OPI, OSI VRI and document translation modalities. The Language Services Director oversees all four service delivery areas and is responsible for ensuring that trained interpreters are available either on demand or scheduled for all clients 24x 7x 365. The Language Services Director is responsible for ensuring that processes and procedures are in accordance with state requirements and maintain all necessary statistics for monthly and annually reporting
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Establishes policies and procedures and standards of practice commensurate with the ethical delivery of language services to clients.
- Ensures service level standards are defined and communicated to staff for department operations.
- Acts as liaison with existing clients to answer questions and address concerns as needed.
- Conducts annual budget for Language Services and Call Center operations.
- Oversees the adherence to interpreter standards of practice and code of ethics by planning on-going communication with and training for Language Services and Call Center staff and contractors.
- Conducts staff meetings or conference calls as needed to communicate information to staff.
- Prepares weekly and monthly reports as needed for work flow analysis, billing, statistics, recruiting and other department trend requirements.
- Collects and utilizes client feedback and satisfaction data to continuously monitor and improve language services.
- Demonstrates commitment to the delivery of culturally competent health care for all patients and the elimination of healthcare disparities.
- Competent to train others, from multiple disciplines, in delivering culturally sensitive health care and other diversity issues.
- Experience with working productively in a multicultural environment.
- Demonstrates effectiveness in recruiting, hiring, and retaining a multicultural workforce.
- Assist to ensure that the department follows Federal and State regulations.
- Organizational ability to effectively manage a complicated, 24-hour multi-site operations.
- Demonstrates ability to evaluate the interpreting skills and candidates for the department.
- Provide training and mentoring to department managers.
- Demonstrates commitment to quality standards in medical interpreting.
The Language Services Director will monitor, analyze performance, and implement every aspect of management for translation and interpretation services for consistent and effective results. This position primarily supervises managers within the Language Services department, which consists of the Language Services Manager, Translation Project Manager, Call Center Manager, Interpreter Trainer, Quality Manager and Recruiting Manager.
- Minimum 10+ years of management experience in a language services organization.
- Experience working with large scale language services companies.
- Bridging the Gap or equivalent certification preferred.
- Self-reliant, good problem solver and results oriented.
- Proactive team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and translation initiatives.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with external and internal clients.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
Bachelor’s Degree (Mandatory)
Bridging the Gap or equivalent certification
Microsoft Office 365, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
|Job Category||Language Services|